In education there is strength and value.
Tennessee Tech University is one of the top public universities in Tennessee, and we take great pride in the fact that despite these challenging times, we continue to attract the best and the brightest.
The generosity of our alumni, students, faculty, staff, parents and friends makes it possible for TTU to create new opportunities for students. The impact of what happens here is felt beyond the Upper Cumberland, throughout the state of Tennessee and across the nation.
Student tuition and fees only covers 27% of TTU’s operating budget. Less than 27% is provided by state appropriations. Private support helps offset difficult and permanent budget cuts allowing TTU to upgrade classrooms, departments to purchase equipment, students to receive scholarships and professors to utilize the latest in technology upgrades.
How To Make an Impact
When you make a gift to Tennessee Tech, you make possible someone’s future. Gifts of $25 and $50 are changing the face of campus. Alumni are getting involved, making a difference, improving campus-life. Thank you.
Through the Annual Giving Office, our alumni and friends have the ability to support any area of campus. Gifts designated to departments, programs or scholarships are incredibly valuable and allow TTU to improve the quality of those specific areas each year. These restricted gifts are extremely useful when money from a program’s annual budget has already been spent or designated to a particular project.
Gifts to the TTU Fund prove to be just as beneficial. These gifts have no restrictions on how there are used. They offer flexibility to provide support to all areas of campus and are available for immediate use and allow TTU to quickly take advantage of unforeseen opportunities, as well as overcome obstacles. Whether designated to a specific program or to the TTU Fund, every gift impacts a student at TTU.
In 2012, more than 7,000 gifts totaling nearly $1.2 million provided program enhancements, equipment upgrades and scholarships through the Tennessee Tech Annual Giving Office. That money immediately and directly impacted TTU students.
It costs approximately $20,000 a year for a student to attend TTU, including fees, books, room and board, transportation and personal expenses. 20% of TTU students receive an academic or donor-funded scholarship. In 2012, TTU offered approximately 450 donor-funded scholarships to just over 1,200 students totaling $1.9 million.
The average gift at TTU is $145.
Choose How To Make Your Gift
How to Join the Calling Crew
The TTU Phonathon is part of Tennessee Tech’s Annual Giving Program. Gifts are solicited on an annual basis using a variety of methods. One of the most important and effective is our annual phonathon effort. Funds generated by the Annual Giving Office are used to support students, faculty development, scholarships, colleges, departments, programs and a multitude of other initiatives.
Download the application package (PDF) here.
TTU Phonathon is held for approximately ten weeks each semester.
Callers are typically hired during the second week of classes and training and calling usually begins the third week of classes. Phonathon calling normally ends the week of dead week each semester.
Calling shifts occur Monday through Thursday, 5:30 - 9:00 p.m. and Sunday, 2:30 - 6:00 p.m.
Newly-hired callers work a minimum of three nights per week.
Students are paid during the training program.
- Commit to a minimum of 3 calling shifts a week
- Contact alumni and donors of the university to acquire gifts to Tennessee Tech
- Serve as a representative of TTU by informing alumni and friends about exciting accomplishments and activities occurring on campus
- Maintain positive public relations with alumni and friends
- Clearly and accurately update and verify all alumni and donor demographics
- Accurately record the results of every telephone conversation
- Arrive in a timely manner with a positive attitude to scheduled calling shifts
- Maintain expected levels of productivity
- Gain an understanding of the University, its organizational structure, and its financial needs
- Remain informed about campus events and news items
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the Office of Annual Giving
- Currently enrolled in classes at Tennessee Technological University
- Possess a TTU I-9 Card (To be obtained in the Human Resources Office, Derryberry 146)
- Demonstrate strong and clear verbal communication skills and a comfortable speaking voice
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for TTU
- Demonstrate an ability to organize and present facts in a concise and persuasive manner
- Demonstrate an ability to work well in a team setting and a result oriented environment
Starting hourly rate for new callers is $8.00/hr with incentives based on performance.
Calling Center Location:
Annual Giving Office (Calling Center)
Room 161 of Derryberry Hall
TTU Future Alumni Support Team
A student-run organization improving the collegiate experience and raising awareness on the importance of giving back to the university after graduation.
Tennessee Tech University’s Future Alumni Support Team exists to educate and engage students on the importance of alumni and private support through annual giving efforts. In order to strengthen alumni giving in the future, it is important that we demonstrate how that support benefits the university and enhances the student collegiate experience.
HOW TO JOIN
Come by the Annual Giving Office located in room 161 of Derryberry Hall or call at (931) 372-6554