John McLendon Memorial Minority Postgraduate Scholarship Program
Description - This program provides five(5) $10,000 postgraduate scholarships, to minority senior level students who are planning to pursue a graduate degree in athletics administrstration.
Nomination Criteria -Meet the federal guidelines for definition as a minority. These are as follows:
- Black (Not of Hispanic origin) -- All persons having any origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa.
- Hispanic -- All persons of Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Central or South American, or other Spanish culture of origin, regardless of race.
- Asian or Pacific Islander -- All persons having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, the Indian subcontinent or the Pacific Islands. This area includes, for example, China, India, Japan, Korea, the Philippine Islands and Samoa.
- American Indian or Alaskan Native -- All persons having origins in any of the original peoples of North America, and who maintain cultural identification through tribal affiliation or community recognition.
- G.P.A of 3.0 or higher
- Planning to pursue postgraduate study in Athletics Administration within five years of receiving this reward.
- Have demonstrated leadership qualities on a college/university or community level.
- Maintain full-time enrollment 2003-04 academic year as a senior (planned graduation must occur between December 2003 and December 2004). Graduate students are not eligible for this award.
- Students who are not of the listed origins, but have married someone of the listed origins, are not eligible.
Deadline - Nominations must be in the NACDA office ( Not postmarked) by Friday June 17, 2005. For additional information please visit their website www.nacda.com and click on "John McLendon Foundation".