Stabilization (THEC-guided) Funding
TTU proposal submission form
[This form should be used to submit proposals for THEC-guided stabilization funding]
Specific instructions on how TTU and other public universities must manage the stabilization funding they will receive over the next few years are still being finalized by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission. However, some preliminary guidelines have been provided, including notice that any stimulus-funded projects must either:
- reduce the university’s overall expenses at the end of the two years, or
- enhance the university’s available revenues.
Other preliminary guidelines specify that the funds must be used for education and general expenditures and in such a way as to mitigate the need to raise tuition and fees. They specifically prohibit use of the funds to increase endowments, provide bonuses or pay increases, or to
- maintain systems, equipment or facilities;
- modernize, renovate or repair stadiums or other facilities primarily used for athletic events or other events for which admission is charged; or
- modernize, renovate or repair facilities related to sectarian instruction or religious worship or activities.
An issue still being reviewed by THEC is whether funding might be used for modernization, renovation or repair of facilities other than athletic or revenue-generating venues. Current consideration is that if allowed, those projects may require individual review and prior approval by THEC.
Please keep these guidelines in mind while submitting your proposals.