"Bursar" is a term unique to higher education and means 'keeper of the funds'. The office includes cashiers, accounts receivable and loans receivable.
The Bursar's Office collects tuition, fees, and other university-related charges including campus housing. The Bursar's Office also processes and disburses all loans and excess aid to students.
Parents - click here for information regarding student accounts.
- The Business Office no longer issues printed fee billings. Access your Eagle Online account for an up-to-date amount due. Please make sure you either pay your fees or confirm your enrollment upon selecting classes or pay/confirm by the indicated deadlines.
- Carefully read everything you receive from the Bursar's Office.
- The Bursar's office uses your TTU email account and your campus P.O. Box to correspond important information. Make sure you check your email and campus mail box routinely.
- Create a file for your Bursar's office correspondence or notes regarding your student account. Also, include any information pertaining to your financial aid in this file.
- Keep your billing address current
- It is very important to be aware of deadlines and university policies, such as payment due dates, drop/add deadlines, and refund deadlines. View important dates.
The mission of the Bursar's Office is to provide friendly and professional service to students, faculty, staff, and anyone associated with the University. The department's mission is also in direct support of the University's mission and in support of the student recruitment and retention goals of Tennessee Technological University.
The Bursar's Office wishes you a happy and successful experience at Tennessee Technological University.