How do I apply for a Co-op/Internship Assignment?
- Visit the Career Services office and create an Experience account so you can begin searching for job opportunities, participate in on-campus interviews and career fairs, and to have your resume viewed by potential employers. An Experience account is required and will take approximately 5 minutes to complete.
- Make sure you are ready to move from college to the workplace by completing the Career Readiness Certificate (PDF). This program is required for all cooperative education applicants.
- Print out and complete a copy of the Co-op Work Agreement Form (PDF). Bring it with you to the Career Services office.
- Successfully complete the on-line sexual harassment training at www.tntech.edu/aa/training/ Print out your certificate and bring a copy to the Career Services office.
Students Leaving for Work Assignment
- Coooperative Education Orientation - You must attend a co-op orientation prior to leaving for your assignment. Be sure all required paperwork is turned in to the Career Services office.
- Registration - Contact your Academic Advisor to obtain your registration code to register for the applicable co-op course using Eagle On-Line.
Cooperative Education Courses
|Register for the co-op course appropriate for your assignment. If this is your first time leaving for a co-op assignment and you are an undergraduate, register for COOP 2010. If this is your first time leaving for a co-op assignment and you are a graduate student, sign up for COOP 5010.
|1st Semester - COOP 2010
||2nd Semester - COOP 2020
||3rd Semester - COOP 2030
|4th Semester - COOP 4010
||5th Semester - COOP 4020
||6th Semester - COOP 4030
|Graduate Level - 1st Semester COOP 5010
||Graduate Level - 2nd Semester COOP 5020
||Graduate Level - 3rd Semester COOP 5030
After selecting your course, be sure to go to the links at the bottom of the screen and check your schedule, account summary/confirmation, etc. You must make fee payment by the due date to the Bursar's Office by Echeck, VISA, MasterCard or Discover.
- Enrollment at another Institution While on Co-op Assignment - TTU has developed course equivalency tables with the Tennessee Board of Regents Community Colleges. These tables assure that the courses as shown in the published equivalency tables are equivalent and meet the standards for transfers to TTU into the majors in the disciplines. The "Request for Extension or In-Residence Study at Another Institution" form is not required for these TBR community colleges but is required for all other schools. This must be approved by your academic advisor to find out if the transfer credit meets the requirements for your degree.
- Press Release - if you would like an article in your local newspaper announcing your assignment, complete the Press Release (PDF) form and email to Lori Shull of the Communications and Marketing Dept. at
and she will submit it to your local paper.
- Campus Post Office - Pick up and complete a Change of Address form or use the U.S. Postal Service web site.
- Verification of Student Classification for Family Insurance Coverage - Contact Records and Registration (931) 372-3319 and they will assist you.
- Residential Life - If you are currently living in the Residence Halls, notify the Residential Life office (931) 372-3414 that you have accepted a co-op assignment.
All forms are available on the Co-op Forms page for your use.
- Preliminary Report - Required for the first semester. Mail within one week after reporting to work.
- Term Report - Required for each semester you co-op. Use the Term Report Outline as a guide and check the Co-op Calendar for due date. Your report must be mailed to the Career Services office by the due date. Complete the Term Report Cover Sheet and attach it with your Term Report. DO NOT FAX your report! It can also be emailed to
- If you are unable to submit your report by the due date, complete the Term Report Receipt and submit it to the Career Services office. Your Term Report or Term Report Receipt must be received by the due date. Otherwise, a grade of "Unsatisfactory" will be assigned for the semester. A student receiving two "U's" will be dismissed from the co-op program.
- Employer's Evaluation of Co-op Student - This form must accompany your Term Report by the deadline date. NOTE: there is an evaluation form for engineering majors and one for all other majors.
Students Returning to Campus from Assignment
- Exit Interview - Required by the end of the first week of classes. While on assignment, your Experience account is placed in an inactive status. Be sure to have your Experience account reopened for use prior to graduation. Call (931) 372-3232 or email
to schedule an appointment.
- Campus Post Office - Check your campus mailbox to ensure an accurate and complete transition from your co-op address.
- Residential Life - Contact the office of Residential Life at (931) 372-3414 if you wish to live in the Residence Halls after returning from your assignment.