When You're a Freshman
- Unsure about your major? Take the SIGI 3 online test to help you pinpoint options based on your interests, values, and education. SIGI 3 searches and creates printouts of occupational information with critical major and education requirements as well as projected job demand in your field and provide you with nationwide average salary figures.
- Attend career fairs and workshop events as part of your career exploration.
- Start preparing your resume.
When You're a Sophomore
- Bring your resume to Career Services and have a staff member review it.
- Time to upload your resume into our Experience database.
- Start working on your interviewing skills by participating in an online mock interview using Perfect Interview. Email your completed session to a staff member and we'll be happy to assist you.
- Investigate the opportunities available in the experiential education or internship program. You must be a sophomore with a 2.5 minimum GPA to participate.
When You're a Junior
- This is an excellent time to participate in the experiential education or internship program -- get some experience in your major this year!
- Network -- attend career fairs and start meeting potential employers.
When You're a Senior
- You should begin looking for full-time career opportunities at least TWO SEMESTERS prior to graduation. Participate in on-campus interviews.
- Attend ALL career fairs on and off campus.
- Attend workshops on job search strategies and interviewing skills.
- Polish up your interviewing skills by using Perfect Interview. Email your completed session to a staff member for review. You can also schedule a one-on-one mock interview with a staff member.
END RESULT -- You'll graduate with a job -- not looking for one!