Reports & Publications
- Technical Information
- Assessing Critical Thinking Skills in STEM and Beyond (In M. Iskander (ed.), Innovations in E-learning, Instruction Technology, Assessment, and Engineering Education, 79-82. 2007, Springer)
- Project CAT: Assessing Critical Thinking Skills (In D. Deeds & B. Callen (eds.) Proceedings of the National STEM Assessment Conference. NSF, 2007)
- NSF Final Report (Project CAT: Assessing Critical Thinking Skills)
- CAT National Dissemination: Assessment and Improvement of Learning (In Inventions and Impact 2: Building Excellence in Undergraduate Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Education. 2008, NSF/CCLI & AAAS.)
- Faculty Driven Assessment of Critical Thinking (In Technological Developments in Networking, Education and Automation, 2010, Springer. Proceedings of the 2009 International Joint Conferences on Computer, Information, and System Sciences, and Engineering).
- Engaging Faculty in the Assessment and Improvement of Students' Critical Thinking Using the Critical Thinking Assessment Test (In Change: The Magazine of Higher Learning, 43:2, 44-49, 2011).
Studies Using the CAT (new)
and Science, Vol. 335 no. 6076 pp. 1590-1591.
A.J. Gottesman and S.G. Hoskins (2013). CREATE Cornerstone: Introduction to Scientific Thinking, a new course for STEM-interested freshmen, demystifies scientific thinking through analysis of scientific literature. CBE-Life Sciences Education, vol. 12 no. 1, p 59-72.
Brittany J. Gasper, Stephanie M. Gardner (2013). Engaging Students in Authentic Microbiology Research in an Introductory Biology Laboratory Course is Correlated with Gains in Student Understanding of the Nature of Authentic Research and Critical Thinking. Journal of Microbiology & Bilogy Education, vol. 14, no.1.