Evaluates Critical Thinking Skills Valued by Faculty and Employers
Skills Assessed by CAT Instrument
- Separate factual information from inferences.
- Interpret numerical relationships in graphs.
- Understand the limitations of correlational data.
- Evaluate evidence and identify inappropriate conclusions.
- Identify alternative interpretations for data or observations.
- Identify new information that might support or contradict a hypothesis.
- Explain how new information can change a problem.
Learning and Problem Solving
- Separate relevant from irrelevant information.
- Integrate information to solve problems.
- Learn and apply new information.
- Use mathematical skills to solve real-world problems.
- Communicate ideas effectively.
Center for Assessment & Improvement of Learning
Box 5031, Tennessee Technological University
Cookeville, TN 38505