The paperwork is being moved through the appropriate avenues to establish an Ed.S. in Curriculum with and Ed Tech concentration. Estimated implementation: Spring 2014!
The Master of Arts in Education degree in Curriculum and Instruction (with a concentration in Educational Technology) is an advanced degree program at Tennessee Tech. The degree emphasizes a practical approach to implementing innovative technologies into the K-12 classroom. In addition to the technology focused curriculum, a research core creates a strong graduate program. Nearly all courses for the concentration are onilne with the exception of two hands-on summer courses that are offered as weekend and/or hybrid courses.
Program of Study: EdTech Concentration Program of Study (pdf)
Sample Course Sequence: EdTechSampleCourseSeq.pdf
M.A. Admission Requirements:
- Satisfactory test scores on either the Miller Analogies Test (372 minimum for provisional standing and 380 minimum for full standing) or the General Record Exam (900 total on the verbal/quantitative portions and 4.0 on the analytical writing portion)
- Official transcripts from your bachelor's institution and any institutions attended since that degree
- Grade Point Average on Bachelor's degree of at least 2.5
- International Applicants must also meet the English Language Requirement by providing test results on one of the following:
- TOEFL--minimum IBT of 71
- IELTS--minimum score of 5.5
- PTE Academic--minimum score of 48
- FLS Level 8
*We do not currently have an Ed.S. concentration in Educational Technology (we plan to begin an Ed Tech Ed.S. 2014), but offer an Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction that is completely online. For more info about the Ed.S., please contact