The TTU College of Business Professional Clothes Closet ( BPC ) works to advance the appearance and confidence of our business students by providing interview/work appropriate clothing and encouraging success. The Closet is conveniently located in Johnson Hall and serves our College of Business students only. Recipient students are given a business suit, work-appropriate separates and/or business accessories. There is no fee for the student to participate or to those making donations.
We are currently accepting donations of contemporary, interview-appropriate clothing and accessories by appointment only . All donated clothing items must be dry cleaned (see coupon link below) and on hangers- never in trash bags. Please call the Student Success Center at 931-372-3371 to schedule an appointment or hear a list of our specific needs, such as:
- Professional suits and separates for both men and women of all sizes (must be dry cleaned (see coupon link below) and on hangers - never in trash bags)
- Scarves, handbags, jewelry, new pantyhose and shoes
- Briefcases, portfolios, professional pens, stationery
- Ties, men's belts, men's dress socks and dress shoes
Clothing Donation Guidelines
- All clothing donations must be in good condition, pressed on hangers and ready to wear to an interview.
- Clothing must be less than 5 years old and/or contemporary in style.
- When donating clothing or other items, please remember that our students want to achieve a current, professional appearance. Please donate items that you would feel comfortable wearing on an interview yourself.
Donor and Recipient Process
To donate clothing: Print, fill out and mail a "Clothing Donation Form" to TTU College of Business, Campus Box 5023, Cookeville, TN 38505 or drop them by Johnson Hall Room 107 to be processed.
Please see below regarding the separate process for financial donation.
While we appreciate the many clothing donations we receive, additional financial support allows us to purchase needed items for our students. Your donation may also be used for gas money to and from an interview and/or supplement the cost of professional resume paper or business cards.
All financial donations to the Business Professional Closet should be made to the TTU University Advancement Office in Derryberry Hall, Room 301, TTU Box 5047, Cookeville, TN 38505.
- All checks can be made out to the TTU Foundation Office and must be marked BPC Clothes Closet on the MEMO line so that your donation can be designated appropriately.
- You may also contribute to The BPC via credit card by our secure server by clicking on this link BPC Online Giving. Please choose OTHER in section 2 of the online form, and designate that your donation is going to The College of Business Professional Clothes Closet (BPC).
- If you are a vendor of business professional clothes, interview essentials or office supplies and would like to participate in our cause, we welcome your participation.
The growth of this project will depend on donations made by the supporters of the College of Business. Thank you for helping us provide this service to our students.