We are currently in the process of adding new groups and specialty workshops. Call to let us know if you are interested in these and what times would be good for your schedule!
A personal interview is required prior to group start date. Contact the Counseling Center in the Roaden University Center, Room 307, 931-372-3331 to schedule your initial appointment.
COACHING FOR ACADEMIC SUCCESS
- Develop study skills
- Improve academic performance
- Become a more independent and efficient learner
This group will meet the third Thursday of each month from 11 AM - 11:45 AM, beginning September 19, in the TTU Counseling Center (RUC 307).
BASE CAMP: VETERANS SUPPORT GROUP
- A place to share ideas with other veterans
- Get support from fellow veterans
- Offer support to student veterans who are adjusting to campus life
- Group is being led by counselor who is also a veteran
This group will meet the first Monday of each month from 3:30 PM- 4:30 PM, beginning September 2, in the TTU Counseling Center (RUC 307).
FOOD FOR THOUGHT: LUNCH GROUP FOR ADULT STUDENTS MANAGING A LEARNING DISABILITY AND/OR ADHD
- Helps members gain support and understanding from others who have learning disabilities
- Provides new ideas in dealing with disabilities
- Bring your lunch and come to this safe environment and learn how to feel more comfortable and competent in your abilities.
This group will meet the first Tuesday of each month from 11 AM - 12 PM, beginning September 3, in the TTU Counseling Center (RUC 307).
SEXUAL ASSUALT SURVIVOR SUPPORT GROUP
- Provides support for those who have had an unwanted sexual experience, have been sexually assaulted, or raped.
- Helps members cope with anxiety, sadness, guilt, and anger.
- This group will give you the chance to feel supported and offer help to other women who also feel alone.
This group meets on Wednesdays 2:30 PM- 4 PM in the TTU Counseling Center (RUC 307).
CHANGES: SNACK AND YAK GROUP FOR FIRST GENERATION COLLEGE STUDENTS
- First in your family to attend college?
- CHANGES assists students in exploring the special challenges they face.
- Gain support in navigating between the two cultures/worlds.
- Bring a snack and share your stories/experience!
This group will meet the first Wednesday of each month from 3 PM to 4 PM,beginning September 4, in the TTU Counseling Center (RUC 307).
SUCCESS WITHOUT EXCESS
- Members look at their use, misuse, or abuse of alcohol or substances.
- Provides education, self-discovery, and support from peers and TTU thearpists to help you meet your goals.
This group meets on Wednesdays 3 PM- 4:30 PM in the TTU Counseling Center (RUC 307).
All groups require an initial pre-group interest appointment in order to learn about the group and whether it will meet your particular needs.
To find out more or register for current groups, please contact the TTU Counseling Center at 931-372-3331