Information and Policies
Workshop Information & Policies
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older to participate in the workshop program.
- Participants age 55+ receive 10% off Workshop Fees. Please notify the Craft Center for your eligibility when you register. Discount does not apply to Room & Board or Materials Fees.
Tennessee Tech Discount
- A 50% discount of workshop fees is available to TTU students and staff (with valid Eagle ID card) throughout the year, if they register within 30 days prior to the start of a class with available seats.
Workshop Fees, Deposits & Policies
- A 50% deposit of the workshop fee is required to reserve space in a workshop.
- The workshop fee includes a $50 non-refundable, non-transferrable processing fee, per workshop.
- A $50 transfer fee is assessed for transferring to another workshop.
- The balance of the workshop fee is due 30 days prior to the first day of the workshop.
- If a participant cancels his/her workshop registration or wants to transfer to another workshop a minimum of 30 days prior to the first day of the workshop, the Craft Center can issue a refund or transfer the workshop deposit minus the $50 non-refundable, non-transferable processing fee.
- After that deadline, the Craft Center cannot issue a refund and cannot process fee transfers to another workshop due to faculty contracts, travel arrangements, and material acquisitions.
- If the Craft Center cancels a workshop, a full refund will be issued.
Supplies & Materials Fees
- For all classes, workshop participants receive a detailed materials list with their confirmation packets.
- Some workshops have Materials Fees payable directly to the instructor. These fees cover the cost of materials and/or kits provided by the workshop instructor; see specific workshop descriptions.
- Evening Workshops / 6-9pm / one night a week for 8 weeks / Spring & Fall sessions offered
Evening workshop check-in is from 5-6pm on the first evening of the workshop.
- Weekend/ Friday, 6:30-9:30pm / Saturday, 9am-5pm / Sunday, 9am-2pm
Weekend Workshop Check-in: 3-5pm on Friday.
- One-week / Sunday, 6:30-9:30pm / Monday-Thursday, 9am-5pm* / Friday, 9am-2pm
One-week workshop check-in is from 2-5pm on Sunday.
*The studios are open in the evening at the discretion of the instructor, until 10:30pm.
*In July, evening demos and/or slide lectures are presented by workshop instructors at 6:30pm, Mon.-Thurs.; open to all participants
Room & Board Information & Policies
- Weekend workshops: $196 - 50% deposit $98 (2 nights/6 meals, single rooms not guaranteed)
- One-week workshops: $490 - 50% deposit $245 (5 nights/15 meals, single rooms not guaranteed)
- To reserve space in housing, a 50% deposit of the room & board fee is required.
- The balance of the room & board fee is due no later than 30 days prior to the first day of the workshop.
- Housing is limited to workshop participants and instructors.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Each room has:
- Two Twin Beds, Dresser & Walk-in Closet
- Bathroom & Shower
- Linens, Pillows, Blankets & Towels
- Air Conditioning (in housing units, buildings and studios)
- A list of local accommodations, including campsites, is included in the confirmation packet and is available on the Craft Center’s website.
- Directions from Interstate 40: The Craft Center is approx. 60 miles east of Nashville and 120 miles west of Knoxville off Interstate 40.
From I-40 take Exit 273 (Smithville/McMinnville) onto HWY 56 South for 6 miles. Cross Hurricane Bridge over Center Hill Lake and turn left immediately at the Craft Center sign. Follow the scenic 1.2 mile drive to the facility.
Nashville International Airport
- Nashville International Airport is approximately 1 hr. and 15 minutes west of the Craft Center off I-40. For more information contact the Airport Welcome Center at 615.275.1675 or visit www.flynashville.com.
- Transportation from the Airport: Travel to and from the Craft Center is the responsibility of the workshop participant.
If you need transportation, and do not want to rent a car, there are limousine services available in the area, search online using keywords: cookeville tn limousines, for options.
Enjoy the on-site café for breakfast, lunch and dinner during weekend, one-week, and Intensive workshop sessions.
Friday dinner: 5:30-6:30pm
Saturday dinner: 5-6pm
Saturday & Sunday breakfast: 8am - 9am
Saturday & Sunday lunch: 12-1pm
- One-week workshops
Dinner, 5:30-6:30pm (Sunday of workshop check-in)
Dinner, 5-6pm (Monday-Thursday)
Breakfast, 8-9am (Mon-Fri)
Lunch, 12-1pm (Mon-Fri)
Dinner, 5:30-6:30pm (Mon-Thurs)