News & Events
- The Electrical and Computer Engineering Department received the ETAP Power Systems http://etap.com software valued at $700,000 as a gift from Operation Technology, Inc. The software package has been of great benefit to undergraduate and graduate students specializing in Electric Power by providing much-needed real-world perspectives on power system planning and operation. ETAP software is available for use in the various PC labs of the department as well as the new EDGE Energy Laboratory.
October 2011: Steven B. Corum, a senior electrical engineering major, has been inducted into the Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society. Omicron Delta Kappa (ODK), a National Honor Society, recognizes and encourages achievement in Scholarship, Athletics, Service, Communication and Creative and Performing Arts. While academic achievements are important in considering students for possible membership, they must have exhibited leadership in at least one other phase of campus life.
- March 2011: TTU hosted the Hardware Competition event at IEEE SoutheastCon 2011 in Nashville, TN from March 17-20, 2011.
- March 2009: Elkeelany Named 2009 Kinslow Winner for Research on Firewire and Ethernet Camera Systems
- November 2008: Captain William Anderson leaves TTU single largest gift in school history
- August 2007: DENSO Funds Engineering Capstone Design Lab
- April 2005: Xubin (Ben) He Wins 2005 Sigma Xi Research Award for Outstanding Paper