2+2 Program: Elementary Education Concentration
Bachelor of Science Degree in Multidisciplinary Studies and K-6 Teacher Licensure
About Our 2+2 Program in Partnership with Regional Community Colleges
The College of Education offers a Bachelor of Science in Multidisciplinary Studies K-6 Licensure program with a concentration in Elementary Education on the campuses of the following community colleges:
- Pellissippi State (Hardin Valley)
- Roane State (Crossville, Harriman, Oak Ridge, and Scott County)
- Motlow State (McMinnville and Moore County)
- Chattanooga State
The convenience of the 2+2 program (120 credit hours) allows the applicant to complete the first 60 hours at their local community college before transferring to Tennessee Tech to complete the remaining 60 credit hours.
- 2+2 Program Enrollment is during the Fall semester only.
- Courses are scheduled as a full-time, cohort-based program of study (a cohort is the group of students who start and complete the program together) at the appropriate community college campus.
Eligibility for 2+2: Three Stages of Admission
- To be eligible to participate in the 2+2 program a student must...
- First, be admitted to Tennessee Tech University TTU Office of Admissions
- Second, be admitted to the Teacher Education program;
- Third, be fully admitted into the 2+2 program. CLICK HERE for Elementary Education K-6 admission requirements.
Early Childhood Education Program Update: Roane State/Oak Ridge
The College of Education offers its Early Childhood Education (ECED) 2+2 Program at Roane State-Oak Ridge only.
- The Early Childhood program allows a student to complete the final two years of coursework at Roane State-Oak Ridge to earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Child and Family Studies with a concentration Early Childhood with a teaching license for PreK-3.
- An optional teaching endorsement can also be added for Special Education K-3. Please click the link to the left for more information regarding admission requirements for the Early Childhood program.
More About 2+2 on YouTube!