Admission Requirements: ECED-Early Childhood program
Early Childhood Education (ECED) | 2+2 Program in Partnership with Roane State Community College
Program Information & Admission Requirements
About the ECED 2+2 Program
- Submit an online 2+2 Intent to Participate Application before January 31st with unofficial transcripts.
- Apply online to Tennessee Tech University, Admission to Tennessee Technological University, submit a Final High School transcript, Official College Transcript and $25.00 application fee.
- Apply online to the Teacher Education Program. Admission to Teacher Ed Program.
- Completion of Associate of Applied Science degree or Associate of Science general transfer degree at Roane State.
(Deadline to be admitted to Teacher Education Program and TTU is June 15th)
Requirements for the Teacher Education Program
- Complete the requirements for the Associate of Science general transfer degree or the Associate of Applied Science degree at Roane State.
- Complete the Teacher Education Interview process. Interview Request Form.
- Complete required classes:
- English 1010 and 1020 with a "C" or better.
- FOED 2011 & 1820(2) or equivalent course(s) with a "B" or better: EDU 2010, ED 201, EDU 1120 or EDU 102 & 223.
- Complete a Criminal Background Check. Background Check.
- Submit the Background Authorization Form.Background_Authorization_Form.pdf
- 2 plus 2 ECED Checklist.pdf
NOTE: This program is only available to be completed on the Roane State Oak Ridge Campus.