Learning Resources Center Policies
College of Education
LRC Library Policies
Only current students, faculty, and staff may check out items from the LRC, but anyone can use resources within the confines of the library.
- Students may borrow up to eight items for a period of two weeks.
- You may renew most items if another student is not waiting for them.
- Items may be renewed up to 3 times per semester.
- Laptop computers are available to all patrons at the circulation desk for use in the LRC Library only. Desktop computers are also available in room 204A.
- Education students may check out AV equipment upon filling out the AV Permit Form (CLICK HERE)
- Digital still and video cameras may be checked out overnight.
- Laptop computers may be checked out for 30 days.
- iPods, loaded with audiobooks if desired, are available for a one week checkout.
- Student teachers and Graduate Assistants may check out laptops for an entire semester and Ph.D. candidates may borrow laptops for up to one year (upon approval and pending AV Permit form).
- Items placed on LRC Reserve may be checked out for 3 days unless specified otherwise.
- These items include materials held by professors for certain courses and test preparation materials.
LRC Library Policies for Overdue Items
- Overdue notices for standard items (those with a 2 week check out period) will be sent out on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays via email.
- Any patron receiving an overdue notice will have a chance to respond to 3 successive emails before fines are processed and a hold is placed on his/her account.
- Patrons may renew overdue items up to three times during the semester provided no other patron has placed a hold on the items.
- For AV equipment and LRC Reserve items, fines will accrue following a one day grace period.
- Notification of fines will be sent via email.
- AV equipment and LRC Reserve items cannot be renewed.
- Failure to receive notification of overdue items does not absolve a borrower of library fine obligations.
- Fines on standard and LRC Reserve items will accrue as follows:
- $2.00 flat rate per item plus $0.20 per item per day, up to a maximum of $10.00 per item.
- Example: 4 items, 8 days overdue results in a $3.60 fine per item or a total fine of $14.40.
- For AV equipment, fines will accrue as follows:
- $10.00 flat rate per item plus $1.00 per item per day up to a maximum of $50.00 per item.
- Example: 2 items, 3 days overdue results in a $13.00 fine per item or a total fine of $26.00.