Tk20 Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is Tk20?
- When will this data management system take effect?
- Why do I have to purchase Tk20?
- Why do I have to pay for Tk20? Why doesn’t the College of Education pay for it?
- What will Tk20 cost and where do I purchase it?
Tk20 is a comprehensive data management system that allows students to be active online participants in multiple areas of their college experience including: course instruction, field experience, and academic advising.
All College of Education students are required to purchase Tk20 beginning Fall 2013.
Notifications are sent to all students before each semester begins. All College of Education syllabi also reflect Tk20 requirements. Additional Tk20 information is located on various College of Education websites.
You will be asked to access Tk20 for a variety of tasks, including coursework, advisement, clinical experiences (Ex: Residency), portfolio-building and edTPA tasks, and key program assessments.
The College of Education made a considerable investment in the software, server space, and modules. The College will continue to support the system on an annual basis, while the student only has to pay one time for access to the system for seven (7) years.
There are two locations to purchase your Tk20 account:
- Tk20: $103.00. Click on the link in the bottom left hand side of the page that states, “Click here to purchase or register your student account.”
- University Bookstore, Roaden University Center: $133.33. Financial aid will pay for the subscription like a textbook when purchased through the bookstore. You will register your account on the Tk20 Login page. Click on the link in the bottom left hand side of the page that states, “Click here to purchase or register your student account.”
You will purchase Tk20 only once. The account will be active for seven (7) years from the date of purchase.
As stated when purchasing your account, your Tk20 account will be activated within 2-3 business days. If you don’t receive an email after this period, you should first check your Junk and/or Spam email folders for an email from Tk20. Also, attempt to log in a few times with your iLearn username and password. Sometimes your account is activated even if you did not receive an email.
Use the same username and password as your iLearn and email accounts. Do not enter your T-number!
Contact campus ITS if you are have issues with your username and password.
Tk20 is a web-based product that is accessible to both Mac and PC users.
You will have ample space for all student work. Check with your instructors about any file size limits for specific assignments.
Yes, Tk20 is secure and confidential. No one will have access to your files except you, your instructors, and advisors.
Tk20 will offer refunds for student subscriptions as per the following policy:
1. For accounts completely unused within 30 days of purchase: Full refund.
2. For accounts unused between 31 days and 6 months of purchase: 50% refund.
3. No refunds will be issued after six months of purchase under any condition.
If you feel that you are eligible for a refund, please fill out the online Tk20 Refund Request.
Assignments will appear in the “Pending Tasks” area of your Home tab; they are indicated by a red flag to the left of each pending task. Optionally, you can find pending coursework by clicking on the Courses tab > click on the course number > Activities sub-tab.