It's time for 7th and 8th grade girls to register for Engineering a Future: Summer Edition...an overnight camp for young women interested in becoming problem solvers and creative thinkers.
This is a neat opportunity for young women to spend four days experiencing the ever-changing and exciting field of engineering. Activities are focused on displaying how engineering turns dreams into reality. TTU engineering professors as well as professional engineers will lead team activities. Women engineering students will serve as camp counselors.
The $50 fee covers all activities, meals, and a commemorative T-shirt.
How to Sign Up
Submit the following application materials:
- Personal Data Form - to be completed by the applicant. Please type or print neatly.
- Adult Reference Form (this form is included in the Personal Data Form)- This form must be completed by a school science or math teacher or an adult (who is not a member of the applicant's family) with sufficient knowledge of the applicant's abilities and character.
- A typed or printed essay of no more than 300 words that addresses why you want to attend Engineering a Future: Summer Edition.
- A $50 check made payable to SWE (Society of Women Engineers). Please also include 'Engineering a Future' in the "for" section. This check will be cashed when the applicant is accepted into the program, all others will be returned with the declination letter. If financial aid is approved, your check will be returned when the applicant signs-in at camp.
Send application and check to:
Tennessee Tech University
P.O. Box 5014
Cookeville, TN 38505
The deadline for registration and payment is May 3, 2010. Camp attendance is limited to 30 participants. Selection will be based on application materials.
- Dr. Corinne Darvennes, 931-372-3253 (
- Pat Cowan, 931-520-8569 (