Brown-Henderson Outstanding Engineering Faculty Award
To be eligible a faculty member must be a full-time member of the College of Engineering faculty, must have been employed at TTU for the past three years, and must have not won the award in the past five years. The award aims to promote and encourage excellence in teaching. The recipient will receive a plaque and a stipend.
Anyone within the College can submit a nomination. The Engineering Joint Council, the Engineering Development Friends and the Dean's Advisory Board are encouraged to present a nomination on behalf of their organization.
Kinslow Engineering Research Award
The Kinslow Award was established to recognize high-quality, archival publications by Engineering faculty members at TTU. Articles published during the calendar year 2013 will be eligible for consideration this year. Nominees must be the principal author. The selection criteria include both research innovation and research applicability. Any interested party (other than the nominees) is authorized to submit nominations. The recipient will receive a plaque and a stipend that varies with the size of the Kinslow Endowment.
Leighton E. Sissom Innovation and Creativity Award
The Sissom Award was established to recognize scholarship, methodology, invention, technique, processes, or other unique contributions demonstrating creativity and innovation. Any faculty member, administrator, student, secretary, technician, or engineer associated with the College is eligible for nomination. The recipient will receive a plaque and a stipend that varies with the size of the Sissom Endowment.
Please congratulate the following faculty and staff who received university pins for 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 years of service based on their years of service to TTU:
- Sang Han, Professor, ME, 30 Years
- Kwun-Lon Ting, Professor, Mfg Ctr, 30 Years
- Ali Alouani, Professor, ECE, 25 Years
- Darrell Hoy, Chairperson, ME, 25 Years
- Stephen Idem, Professor, ME, 25 Years
- Satish Mahajan, Professor, ECE, 25 Years
- Earl Wayne Hawkins, Administrative Staff, Mfg Ctr, 20 Years
- Suzanne Henry, Administrative Staff, Mfg Ctr, 20 Years
- Joseph Biernacki, Professor, CHE, 15 Years
- Fred Vondra, Professor, MIT, 15 Years
- Chris Wilson, Associate Professor, ME, 15 Years
- Steve Canfield, Professor, ME, 15 Years
- Jane Liu, Professor, CEE, 10 Years
- Mike Rogers, Associate Professor, CSC, 10 Years
- Doug Talbert, Chairperson, CSC, 10 Years
- Becky Asher, Clerical & Support Staff, CHE, 5 Years
This accounts for 295 years of combined service to TTU. The faculty and staff were recently recognized at their respective meeting.
The TTU College of Engineering would like to congratulate and thank our long-term faculty and staff members for their dedication and commitment to the education mission of the campus and the COE!