Kash Speech Competition
Questions about the contest may be directed to:
, Mathews-Danielsl 140 (931)-372-3353
Students are allowed to discuss any Persuasive Topic they wish, but they must pick one side of the argument. (Topics must be Authorized before competition)
- Students are encouraged to use outside research to back-up their point of view.
- Presentational Software will be available for students. Students must inform Scott Christen if they wish to use Presentational Software.
To Be Eligible to Compete:
- Must be a current student
- Must be enrolled or have completed Speech 2410 or Professional Communications 2500
- Must fill out and turn in a Speech Competition Form (PDF)
- Students will be required to turn in a copy of their speech before they will be allowed to present.
Rules and Regulations:
- Students must write an original speech
- Presentations must be original and the student’s own work.
- If more than 10 students register, their will be a qualifying round on Thursday, November 5th, 2007.
- The time limit for this presentation is 3 to 5 minutes. Points will be adjusted on presentations which do not fall within that time frame.
- First Place $100.00
- 2 Honorable Mentions $50.00
- (Tentatively) Qualifying rounds will be held in Henderson Hall on November 5th, 2008
- Final Round will be held in Derryberry Auditorium November 9th, 2009