Biology Admission Information
Students seeking admission to Full Standing in the program must have:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in a biological science,
- A grade point average of 3.5 or above for the highest degree earned,
- A minimum total score of at least 1000 on the combined verbal and quantitative portions of the GRE exam
- A 4 on the analytical writing portion of the GRE exam; and
- A score of 525 or more on the TOEFL, when applicable.
In addition, financial support must have been identified for a stipend and research needs, and a graduate faculty member must have agreed to direct the student's doctoral program. Students may be admitted to Provisional standing at the discretion of the Departmental Graduate Policies Committee and the Departmental Chairperson.