Flower and Gift Fund Regulations
All University Faculty and Administrative Staff, as defined by the personnel policies of the University, are members of the University Faculty and Administrative Flower and Gift Fund, having accepted group participation in the fund. Each member of the Faculty and Administrative Staff contributes to the fund annually. The contribution is deducted from the October payroll check.
NOTE: Administrative Officers, Academic Deans, Faculty Members, and Departmental Chairpersons are responsible for reporting illnesses, deaths, weddings, and "new arrivals" to the President's Office.
- Either a contribution to a University Scholarship Fund or to the University Library (FOL) may be designated, or a gift may be selected from the Gallery at the Appalachian Center for Craft (travel to Center at retiree's expense) when a member of the Faculty or Administrative Staff retires. (Amount: $100.00).
- A gift -- usually a silver tray -- shall be given when a member of the Faculty or Administrative Staff marries. (Estimated amount: $60.00).
- A gift -- usually a picture frame -- shall be sent to a member of the Faculty and Administrative Staff upon the birth of a child. (Estimated amount: $30.00).
II. Flowers – Illness/Surgery
Flowers shall be sent when a member of the University Faculty or Administrative Staff - or spouse - is hospitalized. (Estimated amount: $35.00 amount varies for local or out-of-town delivery).
Either floral arrangement, memorial book or memorial scholarship contribution shall be given upon the death of the following:
- A member of the active or Emeritus Faculty, Administrative Staff, or Clerical and Support Staff.
- A regular University Student.
- A member of the immediate family (husband, wife, child) of a University Faculty, Administrative Staff, or Clerical and SupportStaff member.
- The father or mother of a member of the University Faculty, Administrative Staff, or Clerical and Support Staff.
- Either parent of the wife or husband of a member of the University Faculty, Administrative Staff, or Clerical and Support Staff.
Flowers - Floral arrangement shall be sent unless otherwise requested. (Estimated amount: $50.00).
Memorials Book - Upon request, an appropriate book shall be placed in the University Library. (Estimated amount: $50.00).
Memorial Scholarship Contribution - Upon request, a contribution shall be made to a University scholarship fund within the University. (Estimated amount: $50.00).
IV. Special Action Committee
The Flower and Gift Fund Committee will consider action for occasions other than those listed on an individual basis when special instances arise. (Examples: State Officials, former Governors, etc.)
V. I.D. Cards
I.D. Cards for retired University employees will be paid for from the faculty fund.
Flower and Gift Fund Committee
*Faculty Representative, Chairperson (Dr. Barry Stein)
Vice President for Planning and Finance (Dr. Claire Stinson)
Director of Student Activities and Campus Life (Mr. Ed Boucher)
President's Office (Ms. Terri Taylor)
*Appointed by the University President to serve a two-year term.