Come join us for fun activities such as:
- HORAS DE CONVERSACIÓN: Practice your Spanish in a no-pressure, relaxed, fun way!
- ALMUERZOS Y CENAS informales con tus amigos!
- PELICULAS (movies) en español! (See schedule outside the Euro Café.)
- FIESTAS Y BAILES!
- JUEGOS DE MESA (board games like Scrabble en español).
- SERVICE PROJECTS at schools to help Spanish-speaking children.
Come & suggest your own ideas for club activities!
MEETINGS at 11:00 a.m. in the Euro Café. Specific dates will be announced. Check the bulletin board outside the Euro Cafe.
Faculty Advisors: Dr. Marketta Laurila and Dr. Manuel Villalba
¡Bienvenidos a todos!
Check the Euro Cafe bulletin board for announcements & activities.
Here is the plan for this semester:
- Reuniones (meetings) in the Euro Café. This is mostly a time to get together and speak Spanish.We’ll spend minimal time on business!
- Horas de conversación in the Euro Café or at El Tapatío on Willow Avenue as announced. Note that the time is different from the morning meetings, with the hope that there will be a time that suits everyone at least every other week.
- Volunteer program to help Hispanic immigrant children at Jere Whitson School (several blocks from TTU). Volunteers are desperately needed to help these children. (Tell your friends – knowledge of Spanish is not necessary!)
- Helping needy local immigrant families with food and other items, especially when colder weather sets in.
- Mi tierra - informal talks by native Spanish speakers about their home countries.
Meetings will focus on students’ having the opportunity to get together informally to chat en español and get to know each other better, with minimal time spent on business. We will also have some informal programs, such as invited guests or photo sharing sessions or time for students to share their travel experiences.