The two-day SOAR sessions allow first year freshmen and guests a wonderful opportunity to become familiar with Tennessee Tech's campus, faculty, staff and students. During your time on campus students and their guests will meet with representatives from TTU’s Financial Aid, Bursar (Business Office), and Scholarship offices to discuss tuition and fees. The informational sessions allow students and guests to learn more about student life and register for their upcoming Fall semester at TTU.
Below is a brief outline of a SOAR session for students and their guest(s). Students and guests will receive a detailed itinerary at check-in, all times are Central.
- SOAR On-Campus Lodging (if selected during SOAR registration) Check-In opens at 8:00 am central
- SOAR Check-In begins at 11:45 am central
- Honors Program Meeting at 12:15 pm central (for students interested in the Honors Program)
- Welcome Meeting
- Informational Session
- Academic Department meeting with faculty to discuss classes for Fall semester
- Evening meetings and activities (Parents will be finished by ~7:00 pm central; Students will be finished by ~9:00 pm central)
Please be aware that lunch is NOT provided on the first day of SOAR. Attendees will need to arrive ready to participate. If arriving early, Swoops Food Court (located on the Ground Floor of the Roaden University Center) will be open with dining options for students and guests.
- Breakfast at 7:30 am central
- Morning Informational sessions
- Afternoon Informational Sessions
Please plan to be here until 4:30 pm central on Day 2. Registration times vary based on academic departments so we ask students and guests to plan accordingly.
(all events/times are subject to change)