Dancers interested in trying out for the 2013-2014 TTU Dance Team are strongly encouraged to attend the tryout clinics. These clinics are designed to introduce you to the current team members and review skills that will be needed for tryouts. Those attending will learn a short hiphop, jazz, or pom dance at each clinic for roughly half of the scheduled time. The remaining time will be reserved for jazz, pom, and hiphop skills/technique. The dates are:
March 2nd 12pm-2pm **The last TTU home basketball games are March 2nd at 5:30 and 7:30. All prospective dancers are welcome to attend the games that evening as guests of the dance team. This is an opportunity to observe the team's performance at a sporting event.
March 23rd 12pm-3pm
- Application sheet (Download Tryout application)
- Full body picture and head shot or recruit
- Freshmen and/or transfer students: high school/previous univeristy transcript, proof of acceptance to TTU, and fall schedule if available
- Current TTU students: TTU transcript and fall schedule
- Recommendation letter from current coach
- Sports physcial examination by personal physician
- $20 processing fee- please make checks to TTU Golden Girls Dance Team
- Please mail tryout packet to the following address:
- TTU Fitness Center
Golden Girls Dance Team
ATTN: Robin Burroughs
PO Box 5107
Cookeville, TN 38505
All tryout packets must be received by Friday April 5, 2013.
Skills for the TTU Golden Girls Dance Team
- Grand Jetes
- Leaps in second
- Swith leaps
- Doube pirouettes
- Triple pirouettes
- Fouettes (turns in second)
- Right, Left, Center splits
- Heel stretches
- Right and left leg kicks
- Bridge up/ Back bend
- Head kip-up
- Cartwheels (Right and Left)
- Additional stalls of your choice
Dancers will learn a short dance.
For VIDEO TRYOUT INFORMATION please contact Robin. Tryout videos must consist of the following material:
- All technique listed above (attempt skills even if they aren't perfected)
- Hiphop dance
- may be a personal hiphop dance from your studio or team
- may use a video from competition or recital to see the whole team but also include a clip of you doing the dance by yourself
- may use a hiphop dance learned at one of the TTU Dance Team clinics
- TTU Fight Song
- if you did not attend a clinic and must do a video tryout, contact Robin for an alternative
- Make sure a current phone number you can be reached at on the day of tryouts is included so you may be contacted for a short interview and/or notification
Attire for tryouts: all dancers auditioning need to wear a FITTED tank top with shorts, capris, jazz pants, etc. NO BAGGY CLOTHING. Bring running shoes and dance shoes.
Tentative Tryout Schedule
Saturday April 13, 2013
Tryouts begin at 8:00am. Please arrive early to sign in and meet with Robin Burroughs. Each dancer will be required to attend a short interview with Robin.
All material will be taught before lunch. After a lunch break there will be a short open practice time, and tryouts will follow. This is a closed tryout.
Judges will make their final decisions and post the 2013-2014 team roster after tryouts.
There will be a short informational meeting for the team members following the team posting.