Chemical Engineering - Admission Requirements
The Chemical Engineering M.S. program at Tennessee Tech provides students advanced engineering skills and state-of-the-art knowledge in selected areas for positions in industry. Students focus their programs on specific interests, completing a research project of their choosing. Research topics have recently been completed in the areas of materials science and engineering, heat transfer and energy conservation, thermodynamics modeling, air pollution control and process design, and biotechnology.
The program is research oriented and requires a thesis. Graduate faculty work with students in advanced and in-depth studies in these topics; provide guidance in fundamental and applied research; help develop powers of analysis, synthesis and critical thinking; and prepare students to follow academic and research careers through doctoral-level studies.
The program consists of 24 semester hours of course work and a minimum of six thesis hours.
Tennessee Tech houses three state-supported Centers of Excellence: the Electric Power Center, the Manufacturing Research Center, and the Center for the Management, Utilization and Protection of Water Resources. The three centers offer excellent research opportunities, the use of state-of-the-art equipment and funding for graduate students in engineering.
- Satisfactory test scores on the General Record Exam (1000 total on the verbal/quantitative portions and 3.5 on the analytical writing portion)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from your bachelor's institution and any institutions attended since that degree
- Grade Point Average on Bachelor's degree of at least 3.0
- International Applicants must also meet the English Language Requirement by providing test results on one of the following:
- TOEFL--minimum IBT of 79
- IELTS--minimum score of 5.5
- PTE Academic--minimum score of 53
- FLS Level 8
College of Engineering
Department of Chemical Engineering
P.O. Box 5013 Cookeville, TN 38505
Phone: (931) 372-3297 FAX: (931) 372-6352