Electrical & Computer Engineering - Admission Requirements
The Electrical and Computer Engineering M.S. programs at Tennessee Tech provide students advanced engineering skills and state-of-the-art knowledge. Students focus their study and research in the areas of circuits and signal processing, digital systems and computer engineering, electromagnetic fields and physical electronics, instrumentation and control systems, power systems and energy conversion, and telecommunications.
The program is research oriented and has a thesis and nonthesis option. Graduate faculty work with students in advanced and in-depth studies in these topics; provide guidance in fundamental and applied research; help develop powers of analysis, synthesis and critical thinking; and prepare students to follow academic and research careers through doctoral-level studies.
The program consists of 30 hours (thesis option--including six hours of thesis) or 33 hours (nonthesis option). Several graduate courses are offered via videotaped lectures and/or through web-based delivery (e.g., streaming).
Tennessee Tech houses three state-supported Centers of Excellence: the Center for Energy Systems Research, the Center for Manufacturing Research, and the Center for the Management, Utilization and Protection of Water Resources. The three centers offer excellent research opportunities, the use of state-of-the-art equipment and funding for graduate students in engineering.
- Satisfactory test scores on the General Record Exam (minimum required scores of 146 on verbal reasoning portion, 154 on quantitative reasoning portion, and 3.5 on the analytical writing portion for full standing admission)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all previously-attended colleges and/or universities
- Grade Point Average on Bachelor's degree of at least 3.0
- International Applicants must also meet the English Language Requirement by providing test results on one of the following:
- TOEFL--minimum IBT of 79
- IELTS--minimum score of 5.5
- PTE Academic--minimum score of 53
- FLS Level 8
- ELS--Level 112
- TOEIC--minimum score of 750
- CEFR--Band B-2
- SLEP--minimum score of 58
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
P.O. Box 5004 Cookeville, TN 38505
Phone: (931) 372-3397 Fax: (931) 372-3436