Professional Studies - Admission Requirements
The Master of Professional Studies degree at Tennessee Tech is one of the programs offered through the Regents Online Degree Program. The concentrations available in the MPS program are Human Resources Leadership, Strategic Leadership, and Training and Development.
Full (Unconditional) Admission:
- Grade Point Average on Bachelor's degree of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts from all previously-attended colleges and/or universities
- Acceptable score on the GRE, at least 400 verbal, 500 quantitative and a 4.0 on analytical writing
- Applicants with five or more years of professional work experience may submit a portfolio in lieu of the GRE. The portfolio must include:
- a resume
- a 500- to 600-word essay detailing the reasons for wanting to enter the MPS program and discussing how the program will help the applicant achieve personal and professional goals
- two sealed letters of professional reference
- Additional items that may be included:
- description of professional responsibilities
- professional achievements
- professional awards/recognitions
- Portfolio material must be submitted as a packet, not mailed separately.
- International Applicants must also meet the English Language Requirement by providing test results on one of the following:
- TOEFL--minimum IBT of 71
- IELTS--minimum score of 5.5
- PTE Academic--minimum score of 48
- FLS Level 8
- I-20s cannot be issued for online programs.
Provisional (Conditional) Admission:
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements for full standing might be admitted provisionally (conditionally) if their entire academic and professional records indicate potential for success in the program. Conditions may include, but are not limited to, taking prerequisite undergraduate courses, enrolling in specified graduate-level courses, and achieving a specified grade point average.
NOTE: During your first semester you must complete all entrance requirements including formal transcripts and any required tests for full admission to the program.
For more information, contact
at 931-372-6223 (Interim Director of School of Professional Studies and who will perform the admission evaluation) or RODP http://www.rodp.org/mps/mps.htm.