Nursing (M.S.N.) - Admission Requirements
The Master of Science in Nursing Degree (MSN), is offered through the Regent’s Online Degree Program (RODP), and is delivered following the standard protocol established for the delivery of RODP courses and programs. Courses are offered each semester (fall, spring, and summer) through all six TBR universities. The program has been approved by each participating institution, and by the RODP Curriculum and Oversight Committees. In addition, the program is approved by the Tennessee Board of Nursing, the Tennessee Board of Regents and the Tennessee Higher Education Commission . The MSN-RODP will be accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission in academic year 2005-06, prior to the graduation of the first class. The program offers four concentrations:
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing Administration
- Nursing Education
- A Bachelor's degree:
- Requirements for the RN with a BSN degree: Completion of the BSN
- Requirements for the RN with a BA/BS non-nursing degree: Completion of a 12 unit RN/MSN nursing bridge sequence:
- NURS 4210, Nursing Research
- NURS 4211, Nursing Leadership
- NURS 4212, Contemporary Issues and Trends
- NURS 4213, Community Health Nursing
- RN/MSN graduates will NOT be awarded the BSN degree.
- Official transcripts from all previously-attended colleges and/or universities.
- Overall G.P.A. of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Successful completion of a 3 semester credit or 4 quarter credit undergraduate statistics course.
- Eligibility to practice as a Registered Nurse in Tennessee or the state in which clinical assignments are completed. Unencumbered RN license is required prior to admission to the program.
- The standardized admission test is successful completion of the NCLEX-RN licensing examination.
- TOEFL score of 600 if native language is not English.
- A written document prepared by the applicant that includes a resume, a discussion of prior professional experience, future career goals, and reasons for pursuing graduate study.
- Letters of recommendations from at least three persons (a minimum of one academic) familiar with the applicant's academic and professional background and experience in nursing practice, specifying in detail the applicant's capabilities for graduate study and for future practice as an advance practice nurse.
- For more information, visit the RODP site.
School of Nursing
P.O. Box 5001 Cookeville, TN 38505
Phone: (931) 372-3203
Questions, please e-mail