Professional Science Masters - Admission Requirements
The Professional Science Masters degree program with a concentration in Environmental Informatics at Tennessee Tech prepares graduates to assume high-level careers in science that have a strong emphasis on skill areas such as management, policy, and entrepreneurship. PSM graduates generally progress rapidly toward leadership roles.
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in environmental sciences, natural resource management, environmental engineering, or equivalent field of study.
- Total of at least 1000 on the verbal and quantitative portions of the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) (306 New revised score) along with a 3.5 score on the analytical writing portion of the test.
- Official transcripts from all previously-attended colleges or universities
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty familiar with the academic ability of the applicant.
- International applicants must also meet the English Language Requirement by providing test results on one of the following:
- TOEFL -- 550 minimum (79 internet-based)
- IELTS -- minimum base score of 5.5
- PTE Academic--minimum score of 53
- ELS--Level 112
- TOEIC--minimum score of 750
- CEFR--Band B-2
- SLEP--minimum score of 58
School of Environmental Sciences
P O Box 5152, Cookeville, TN 38505
Phone: (931) 372-6246, Fax: (931) 372-6346
Questions, please email person