Phi Mu Fraternity, the second nationally founded sorority, was founded on March 4, 1852 at Wesleyan Female College in Macon, Georgia. Phi Mu founders, Mary Dupont Lines, Mary Myrick Daniels, and Martha Hardaway Redding believed wholeheartedly in the idea of Love, Honor, and Truth. Sisters of Phi Mu try to live their lives through these ideals and to honor their open motto, "Les Soeurs Fideles(Faithful Sisters)."
Kappa Pi Chapter of Phi Mu was founded at Tennessee Technological University on October 24, 1969. Phi Mu absorbed the local sorority Alpha Gamma Phi to form this chapter.
Becoming a sister of Phi Mu involves two aspects, service and social. Concerning the service side of the fraternity is their national philanthropy Children's Miracle Network. The local chapter also supports Vanderbilt Children's Hospital. Phi Mu raises money for these philanthropies through Greek God, a "beauty pageant" for members of local fraternities, and other small fundraisers.
Nickname: Phi Mu's
Symbols: Sir Fidel the Lion & Lady bug
Colors: Rose & White
Flower: Rose Carnation
Chapter: Kappa Pi
Founded Nationally: 1852
Founded Locally: 1969
Philanthropy: Children's Miracle Network
Phi Mu National Web Page http://www.phimu.org
Local web page http://tntech.phimu.org/