The Honors Program: For the scholar who wants to be more
Welcome to the TTU Honors Program. We provide smaller, in-depth classes and co-curricular activities in leadership, service, personal growth, team-building, and greater cultural understanding.
If you have a composite ACT score of 26 or above, you are eligible to join Honors as an incoming freshman. If you are a current student or are transferring from another university, you must have a 3.5 cumulative GPA and have completed at least twelve credit hours at TTU.
Every Honors Program is different. Most first-year students in our program tell us that they expect honors programs to provide challenging classes, the best teachers, a motivated group of intelligent peers, and recognition of their accomplishments. While these things are generally true, graduating seniors tell us that the best feature of the TTU Honors Program is its sense of community: of caring teachers; of a wide variety of motivated people; of a place where they can be themselves.
TTU Honors fosters the following skills:
- The ability to reason critically and creatively
- The ability to express ideas appropriate to an audience, while maintaining individuality
- The ability to integrate and contextualize information
- A passion for learning and a sense of wonder and curiosity
- The ability to collaborate and to work independently
- An appreciation for the common humanity of all people and gratitude for human differences
- The capacity to commit to a position, recognize that it may change, and tolerate uncertainty and ambiguity
Students have also compiled a list of the traits that the TTU Honors Program has helped them gain:
- Honesty and integrity
- The ability to see themselves in many contexts
- Compassion and caring for others and for the human condition
- Openness to new experiences, ideas, and learning
- Passionate curiosity and joy in learning
- Flexibility in dealing with changes
- Common sense, good judgment, and discipline
- A clear sense of priorities and values
- Perseverance and tenacity
- Balance, balance, balance!
The Tennessee Tech Honors Program invites you to apply for membership in one of the most active, exciting honors programs in the country. We look forward to learning more about you and your interests.