Associated Scholars Guild
WHAT IS ASG?
The Associated Scholars Guild (ASG) is the student organization of the Honors Program. The ASG is primarily responsible for all extracurricular activities of the Honors Program. Currently, the ASG sponsors 18 student-run committees. (See "Committees" for more information.)
The annually elected student chair of the Honors Council, who is also the president of the ASG, appoints 2-4 members of the Steering Committee before the last spring meeting if possible; at that meeting dues-paid members elect a treasurer and member at large. The Steering Committee then meets to elect a chair, who is not the president; and a secretary, from among the Committee. In the fall the freshmen dues-paid members meet to elect a freshman representative to the Steering Committee.
The tasks of the Steering Committee include the supervision of the co-curricular Honors/ASG activities, supervision of all ASG committees, grievance hearings, and the oversight of financial actions of the ASG.
Fall 2011-Spring 2012 ASG Officers
- President: Kayla Boles
- Vice-President and Steering Committee Chair: Haley Dirmeyer
- Secretary: Brooke McCarter
- Treasurer: Bridgette Buchanan
- Steering Committee Member-at-Large: Elissa McLerran
- Steering Committee General Representative: Adam Smith
- Steering Committee Freshman Representative: Jarrod Alonge
- Steering Committee Appointed Member: Hunter Reed
- Steering Committee Appointed Member: Ai Lin Chin
- Faculty Advisors:
- Dr. Rita Barnes
- Mr. Michael Clark