Honors Academic Scholarship (HAS)
The Honors Academic Scholarship (HAS) is available ONLY to students who are NOT official residents of the state of Tennessee. The HAS covers the out-of-state portion of tuition and fees.
If you plan to apply for the HAS, it is HIGHLY recommended that you also apply for other TTU scholarships as well. To apply for other TTU scholarships, use a separate application, available on the TTU ScholarWeb website. The deadline to apply for all scholarship other than the HAS is December 15, 2013.
To be considered for the HAS, a student must have already been accepted as a full member of the TTU Honors Program.
A student may receive the HAS only through his/her eighth full-time semester of undergraduate study. This includes semesters of study prior to receiving the HAS, and prior to attending TTU.
Prerequisites for the HAS:
- Legal residency outside of the state of Tennessee.
- Full membership in the TTU Honors Program
HAS scholarship maintenance requirements:
- Take at least one Honors course each semester until all requirements for graduation in cursu honorum are completed.
- Maintain a 3.50 cumulative GPA each semester.
- Successfully complete the Honors Program Enrichment Option (HPEO) each semester.
The current HAS application period opens on September 1, 2013. For the 2014-15 academic year, the HAS application must be submitted in full by August 1, 2014. For Spring semester, 2014, the HAS application must be submitted in full by December 15, 2013.
If you are interested in fully participating in the Honors Program at TTU, and applying for the Honors
Academic Scholarship, you should complete the following steps, in order:
- Read about the Honors Program: Start HERE on the Honors Website
- Read about HPEO - The Honors Program Enrichment Program: What is HPEO?
- Read the complete terms and requirements of the Honors Academic Scholarship:
Scholarship Terms and Rules
- Apply to the Honors Program: submit an application for admission into the Honors Program as a full member.
You must PRINT the application form and fill it out by hand. You then must either (a) send it by regular mail to the address shown on the form; or
Incoming Freshman / Current or Transfer Student
- Apply for the Honors Academic Scholarship online, using TTU ScholarWeb:
Apply online for the HAS via ScholarWeb