Honors Housing Information: 2014-2015
If you are interested in living in Murphy Hall during academic year 2013-2014, the information on this page is for you.
PLEASE read the section that applies to you:
- In order to live in Murphy Hall, you need to maintain eligibility. This means that you must take and pass at least one Honors course each semester until you have completed all course requirements for graduation in cursu honorum. Exceptions are made in certain special situations. Contact Dr. Barnes if you think you qualify for an exception.
- These procedures apply to persons already residing in Murphy Hall as well as those returning students wishing to move to Murphy from another residence hall or from off campus.
- TTU Residential Life housing applications for Murphy Hall for academic year 2013-2014 must be obtained from the Honors Office and will be submitted to the Honors Office in paper form. If applying for Murphy Hall, do NOT complete an online ResLIfe application.
- The DEADLINE for receipt of ALL application materials from RETURNING students is Wednesday, March 27, at 4:30 pm. Please read carefully the directions below on this page.
- You need to indicate specific requests on the Honors Roommate Matching Form: e.g. keep same room; keep same roommate; single room; etc…
- If you want to request a roommate, BOTH of you need to complete all of the application materials for next year if you want to stay in Murphy. Both of you must be eligible to live in Murphy Hall.
- The Honors Housing Assistant will match and assign roommates as applications are received and eligibility verified.
- Returning students who submit materials by the March 27 deadline will be accepted into Murphy Hall in the following priority order:
- Qualifying returning students already in Murphy who want to keep the same room.
- Qualifying returning students already in Murphy who want a new room assignment.
- Qualifying returning Honors students not currently living in Murphy.
Placement decisions will also be affected by the number of available male and female rooms.
Required Application Materials:
- The Honors Housing Roommate Matching Form Complete the form, print the completed form, and submit the paper form to the Honors Office.
- The Residential Life Application for Murphy Hall (Obtain at the Honors Office and complete the form at the Honors Office.)
- A check for $100 payable to "TTU" or $100 in cash. (A check is preferred.)
Application and Selection Process:
- The deadline for submission of application materials to the Honors Office is Wednesday, March 26, 4:30 p.m.
- Complete the Honors Roommate Matching Form, save the document; print the document; submit the form to the Honors office.)
- Get a check for $100 payable to "TTU" for the ResLife application fee. -- OR -- Bring $100 in cash to the Honors Office. (A check is preferred.)
- Get a copy of the ResLife Application for Murphy Hall from the Honors Office.
- Complete the Application for Murphy Hall while at the Honors Office.
- All materials must be completed and submitted in the Honors Office by Wednesday, March 26, at 4:30 pm.
- If you want to live in Murphy Hall, you must indicate Murphy Hall as your first choice on the TTU Online On-Campus Housing Application form. The deadline for applying for Honors Housing is August 1, 2013.
- If you have already submitted a TTU On-Campus Housing Application form, you do not need to complete another one.
- Room assignments in Murphy Hall are made by the Honors Program staff. Any specific requests (e.g. single room, a specific roommate,etc.) must be made on the Honors Housing Roommate Matching Form.
- Freshmen wishing to reside in Murphy Hall must submit BOTH applications: the TTU On-Campus Housing Application, AND the Honors Housing Roommate Matching form.
- Housing assignments in Murphy Hall are made by matching roommates on compatible characteristics, habits, and preferences, not necessarily in the order received.
- If Murphy Hall is your first choice, be sure to indicate second and third choices on the TTU On-Campus Housing Application, in case Murphy Hall is full.
Required Application Materials:
- Download and print application materials by clicking on the links on this page.
- Fill out the TTU On-Campus Housing Application ONLINE.
- Read the TTU On-Campus Housing Agreement.
- Access and complete the Honors Housing Application/Matching Form, After completing the form, PRINT a paper copy of the completed form.
- Send the completed paper copy of the Honors Housing Application/Matching Form by regular mail to:
The Honors Program, Tennessee Tech University, c/o Mr. MIchael Clark, Box 5124, Cookeville, TN 38505