Mindful Movies Committee
This committee organizes a Saturday evening series of free film presentations and discussions on ethical, artistic, and social issues.
- Ellen Bomar
- Justin Carnes
- Solicit suggestions for and create a list of challenging films to be shown throughout the semester.
- Schedule films on the Honors/ASG Calendar of Events and in the Lounge Reservation Notebook by the second week of classes.
- Work with the Directors to identify faculty and community members to lead discussion about films.
- Invite and schedule discussion leaders.
- Encourage attendance by announcing films (especially those hosted by guests) to the ASG and by personally inviting people.
- Arrange for the Honors Lounge to be unlocked/locked for each event.
- Clean up the Honors Lounge and secure the Proxima after each film.
Suggestions for movies are always welcome!