Ways to Get Involved Now
Big Sibs wanted for 2013-14!
Big Sibs offer incoming freshman students individualized guidance as they navigate the strange new terrain of college life. We are looking for returning Honors students who would like to be of assistance to next year's freshmen. Being a big sib involves helping out with summer SOAR, attending a training session in the spring and another in the fall, and being actively available to your assigned little sibs. Download and print a 2013 Big Sib Application form, complete it, and submit it to the Honors Office as soon as possible. Be a member of the Team Big Sib for 2013!
Other Ways to Get Involved in Your Honors Education
- Learn how to find a research mentor in your major field
- Join one of ASG's 16 service-oriented committees
- Write a proposal for the Tennessee Collegiate Honors Conference (TCHC) or the National Collegiate Honors Conference. All proposals due January 31.
- Become a Big Sib or Peer Mentor to assist incoming Honors students: Get an application for Fall 2013 Big Sibs. Peer Mentor applications will be posted soon!
- Apply for the Ginkgo Grant for innovative service initiatives. Get a Ginkgo Grant Application.