The ASG Tutoring Committee matches available tutors on the committee with requests for tutoring in various subjects.
- Bradley McGill
- Savannah Nolen
- Recruit tutors.
- Maintain a list of the Tutoring Committee members' subject proficiences and schedule availability.
- Work with the Publicity Committee, ASG Events Digest, Steering Committee, Directors, and Library Learning Commons to advertise availability of tutors.
- Contact the Office of Disability Services, the Academic Development Lab, and any other groups with a special need for tutors.
- Match tutors with students who need help.
- Establish a weekly drop-in schedule of tutors in the Lounge for high-need areas such as calculus.
- Schedule special tutoring review sessions (such as for major chemistry exams, physics exams, etc.).
- Keep a log of hours worked by tutors.
- Review security and conduct issues with tutors.
If you are an Honors student and would like to volunteer to be a tutor or ask for one, please e-mail the committee chairs.