8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Monday - Friday
1010 North Peachtree
Clement Hall, room 215
Hands on basic training in a variety of technology.Request a Workshop
How Copyright Affects Teaching
- Thursday, April 3rd
- 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Learning Commons, room 248
- No registration required
This workshop will cover the basics of copyright and what materials faculty are allowed and not allowed to use as part of a course.
Designing Courses for Significant Learning by Dee Fink & Associates
Follow up to our One-day Workshop
Friday, April 11th at 3:00 pm in the Learning Commons, room 248.
Start gathering your course information so we can work together on a plan for redesigning for significant learning experiences for students.This face-to-face workshop is based on Dee Fink’s book, “Creating Significant Learning Experiences.”(Jossey-Bass, 2013).
This experience is specifically intended to help faculty design or redesign their own courses. These learning experiences will show how the principles of Integrated Course Design can be used, but they will also provide information about tools and procedures that can be used to meet the specific challenges and opportunities of teaching.
Here is what we took away from this experience
By the end of this workshop, participants did:
- See the significance of course design within the array of tasks involved in teaching
- Identify their own “Dreams” for student learning
- Introduce the overall model of Integrated Course Design
- Work on understanding and taking the initial steps toward applying the key components
- See what happens when these ideas are used effectively, by examining some actual case studies