Degree Concentration: Environmental Science
School of Environmental Studies
For assistance contact Dr. Dennis George, 931-372-3507 or email
About Environmental Science
Choose a Program of Study in Biology, Chemistry, or Natural Resources.
- Learn the symbiotic nature of a variety of disciplines that form Environmental Science.
- Explore and investigate environmental problems.
- Develop and enhance your ability to explain your findings to a diverse audience.
- Environmental & Sustainability Studies programs at Tennessee Tech are supported by cutting-edge resource centers:
- The Center for the Management, Utilization, and Protection of Water Resources and the Millard Oakley STEM Center for the Teaching and Learning of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
ESS at Tennessee Tech
- These concentrations offer students the opportunity to pursue their passions in a meaningful way as they apply scientific principles to environmental issues.
- Course work examines current topics through social, political and economic perspecitives.
- Students analyze and propose sustainable solutions for complex, real-world environmental problems.
- The program culminates in a a hands-on experience or research project addressing an actual environmental problem.