Degree Concentration: Environmental Technology
School of Environmental Studies
For assistance contact Dr. Dennis George, 931-372-3507 or email
About Environmental Technology
- Learn to use GIS tools (geographic information systems) to aid in informed environmental descision making.
- Model and experience environmental processes.
- Explore conventional water treatment methods.
- Environmental & Sustainability Studies programs at Tennessee Tech are supported by cutting-edge resource centers.
- Including, Center for the Management, Utilization, and Protection of Water Resources and the Millard Oakley STEM Center for the Teaching and Learning of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
ESS at Tennessee Tech
- These concentrations offer students the opportunity to pursue their passions in a meaningful way as they apply scientific principles to environmental issues.
- Course work examines current topics through social, political and economic perspecitives.
- Students analyze and propose sustainable solutions for complex, real-world environmental problems.
- The program culminates in a a hands-on experience or research project addressing an actual environmental problem.