How do I get to my TTU student email?
- From the TTU homepage select Current Students and then Student E-mail OR
- Open a browser and go to: www.tntech.edu/studentemail/home/
- At the Login Screen:
- Click on the New button to begin typing a message.
- Messages in your Deleted Items folder will be automatically deleted after 7 days.
You can delete messages in the Deleted Items folder at any time by clicking Empty. This will help you regain disk space, if needed.
- After logging in, click on the Help icon for more detailed information on using Live@edu.
How do I connect my smart phone to my TTU email?
More resources for configuring Live@edu on
Can I use POP or IMAP to read my email through Live@edu?
Live@edu is a web-based email system. Access via IMAP or POP is available and you can view the setup information and supported email programs online.
How do I reset my password if I have forgotten it?
- By coming either to the Help Desk (phone: (931) 372-3975) in Clement Hall 313 (open 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Mon-Thu, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday) or
- At the glass window in CH226 (or call (931) 372-3388) from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m Monday through Friday.
- Login to Live@edu
- At the top right corner, select Options.
- To the right select Forward your mail using Inbox rules
- Select New...
- Select an option from the drop-down box for "When the message arrives, and"
- Select an option from the drop-down box for "Do the following" and enter the Email address you want to forward to in the To: box at the bottom.
NOTE: Make sure the email address is correct or you will not receive your email.
- To remove Forwarding, just select the rule in the list and click the Delete icon.
How do I print messages and save attachments in TTU student email?
- Double-click on the message to open it.
- Select the Printable View icon
To save an attachment:
- Click on the message to view it in the preview area.
- Click on the filename.
- Select Save File > OK
- Navigate to a location where you wish to save your message, such as a flash drive, or the My Documents folder in the PC labs or on your computer.
- Type a filename if necessary.
- Click Save.
What do I need to do if my name changes and I would like my username to reflect that change?
- Your username will be NOT be changed.
- Let the TTU Records Office know of the name change if you would like your name to change in the student information system for class rosters and diploma.
What happens when I leave the university?
- If you withdraw from TTU, your inbox.tntech.edu email and PC Lab account will be deactivated the next day.
- If you graduate, you may continue to use your inbox.tntech.edu email account. When it is inactive for about one year, it will be deactivated.
Where can I go for help?
- Start with the online Help in Live@edu. Select the ? icon in the upper right corner.
Your email has been setup on the Exchange Server.
Once you have been notified that your account has been set up for the first time, you must reset your password from your T NUMBER if you have never used a TTU Domain Account before.
- Go to the Change TTU Password page (under Accounts & Passwords to the left)
- Enter your username such as your first initial and last name, for example: Jane Doe -- Username: jdoe
- Your old password will be your T Number.
- Enter a new password that is a combination of letters and numbers and is not a common dictionary word. This password is case sensitive. See tips for selecting a strong password.
If you forgot your password or are unable to reset it password, call Operations at 931-372-3388.
- In the office you will be using Microsoft Outlook as your primary means of reading and sending email. Someone from MicroSupport will come to set this up for you.
- Outside of the office, you can view your email through a web browser using Outlook Web Access at http://rim.tntech.edu
How do I connect my smart phone to my TTU email?
Logging In to Outlook Web Access
- Open your browser
- Go to http://rim.tntech.edu
- Enter your TTU Domain password.
Using the Outlook Web Access
After you log in, you will see a view similar to that shown below.
Note that by default, The view is set to Two-line View. You may wish to change this to Messages or another choice by selecting a view from the drop down menu next to the word Inbox in the top menu bar.
- The Reading Pane is set to the right side of the screen. You may want to turn it off or show it below your list of messages.
- Click on New in the toolbar to create a new email message.
- See icons in picture below for Reply, Reply All, and Forward.
See Buttons shown below:
- Click on the Inbox icon to see your email.
- Click on Calendar to set your appointments.
- Click on Contacts to use your addresses.
Departments or Services sometimes need an account for all departmental information to flow through.
Complete the form to request the special account.