Protecting your passwords
How can you protect your passwords?
Your passwords at TTU (and any of your accounts outside for things such as online banking, insurance information, investments, credit card information, etc...) are there to protect important information about you from others. Your TTU accounts access several areas that include email, banner access (faculty, staff and student information and private data) and web sites (for those who maintain one). For faculty and staff, it also includes access to your computer. For students, it allows you to access ResNet. These passwords are important and should not be shared with others.
- Do NOT share your passwords with anyone.
- Do NOT respond to any emails that you receive asking for your passwords. Legitimate places of business will never ask for that information.
- Don't get caught by phishing and spam emails.
- Learn about selecting a strong password that you can remember.
- Be familiar with the Password Policy at TTU.
View more information and tips about security of accounts for faculty and staff.