NOTE: The information here is covering purchasing technology items with University Funds. If you are looking for hardware or software for a personal computer select the link to left under Technology Purchases titled Pricing for Home Use.
Instructions for using the online Request to Purchase Hardware/Software form
To begin the process to purchase hardware or software with University Funds complete the online (ITC form).
Accessing the Online Form
- Go to the online ITC Hardware/Software Request Form
- Macintosh users must use Firefox or Internet Explorer (not Safari) to access this page.
- You will be asked to logon to the TTU Domain.
- The logon popup window may appear in one of two ways:
- If the window only has 2 fields (one for username and one for password), then For your username enter your email address.
For your password, use the same one as you use to maintain departmental web sites or for email on the Exchange server.
- If the window has 3 fields (one for username, one for password, and one for domain), then Enter your username (e.g. ewells) For your password, use the same one as you use to maintain departmental web sites or for email on the Exchange server. For the Domain, type: TTU
If you have never logged into the domain you will need to change your password from your T# using the online form.
- Please enter all hardware and software items you wish to purchase. Each item will receive the appropriate review. We expect this will streamline the current paper based procedure.
- Enter your personal information: name, department, etc.
- Enter the name of the individual who will actually be receiving/using the items requested.
- Enter your function number and the email address of the person who is fiscally responsible for this account number (usually your chair or director). These are required fields.
- Enter each item as either software or hardware. You can enter multiple items on one request for one individual. If, for example, you are requesting a Dell computer, MS Office, and Adobe Acrobat. You might select Hardware, enter the E-Quote info, then select Enter next item, then select Software, enter that info, etc.
- For hardware:
- If this is a Dell computer, enter the E-quote.
- Since E-quotes can expire quickly if Dell is re-pricing a component, please copy and paste the details from the web page into the comments box.
- If you have a URL for a price quote, please include it in the comments field for that item.
- Remember that software prices are subject to change as contracts are negotiated.
- For hardware:
- To edit an item, you must delete and reenter it. Do not try to edit items directly, as these are only views of your information.
- Any site license software requested will be reviewed by the fiscal authority you specified, prior to ITS review. The individual will be notified by email and directed to the appropriate web site.
- All OTHER hardware and software items are only reviewed by ITS (unless exempt from review such as research equipment not connected to the campus network). Chairs and directors will retain fiscal authority via signing requisitions and approving Procard statements.
- You will be notified by email as each item is approved for purchase. At that time you may proceed with a requisition or Procard purchase as appropriate.
- Purchasing has online access to the requests which have been approved so that they can process requisitions appropriately.