Welcome from Janet Whiteaker, LSP Coordinator
Welcome to the Learning Support Program
Tennessee Tech’s Learning Support Program (LSP) is the cornerstone of academic support services for students entering TTU.
Tennessee Tech University
College of Education
Matthews Hall, Room 153A
Our free tutoring services and resources are available to new freshmen, transfer students, teacher candidates, and international students.
We are dedicated to helping students with our accessible and flexible services to help them reach their potential and succeed as university students.
Please feel free to contact our office with your questions and tutoring needs – we provide a supportive environment offering access to technology, learning labs, counseling services, and more.
Janet Whiteaker, Coordinator
Learning Support Program
Assistant Professor | College of Education
Janet Whiteaker, Assistant Professor & LSP Coordinator
- Developmental Education Specialist, Kellogg Institute, National Center for Developmental Education, Appalachian State University, 1992; Advanced Kellogg, 1995; Advanced Kellogg, 1998
- MA, English, Tennessee Technological University, 1981
- BA, German, Tennessee Technological University, 1972
- Assessment in Developmental Education
- The Writing/Reading Connection
- Intermittent Central Suppression of Binocular Vision
- Developmental Writing, Fall and Spring semesters
- DSPW0800 Syllabus
- DSPW0800 Policy Statement
- Online Resources for Writing
- Writing Videos available in ADP Writing Lab
- Learning Strategies
- English 1010, occasionally
- Whiteaker, J. F. (2005) Wolf Canyon, Bloomington, IN: AuthorHouse. ISBN: 1-4208-1437-0 [novel]
- Whiteaker, J. F. (2003) Ariana, Bloomington, IN: 1stBooks., ISBN: 1-4107-4443-4 [novel]
- Whiteaker, J. & Lewald A. (2004) Developing College Writing Skills with Stylebook and Learning Strategies 4th edition. Boston: Pearson.
- Eaves, Thomas F., Sr. (2003) A Simplified Study of the Epistle to the Hebrews. Tracts for the Nations.
- Whiteaker, J. (2003) Academic Development Program Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Whiteaker, J. (2002) Developmental Writing Instructor's Manual, 6th revised edition.
- Whiteaker, J., Zolg, C. & Pigg, J. (Spring 2002). Identifying and reversing intermittent central suppression to improve reading. Selected Conference Papers NADE 2000, vol. 6. 62-64.
- Whiteaker, J., Zolg, C., & Pigg, J. (2001). Identifying and reversing intermittent central suppression to improve reading. Research and Teaching in Developmental Education, 17(2), 93-95.
- [Previous publication on intermittent central suppression (JOVD, Fall 2000) quoted in "Binocular Visual Sensation in Reading a Unified Theory," by Eric S. Hussey, O.D., in Journal of Behavioral Optometry, 12 (5), 119-126]
- Miller, J.E., Whiteaker, J., Zolg, C., Pigg, J.., & Hazzelton, T. Identifying and reversing intermittent central suppression in students with low reading comprehension as a method of improving student performance in reading. Journal of Vision Development 31 (Fall 2000): 131-137.
- Whiteaker, J. (2001) Writer's Stylebook (4th ed.). Boston: Pearson.[3rd ed., Simon & Schuster, 1998; 2nd ed. Simon & Schuster, 1993; 1st ed. Ginn Press, 1989]