Janet F. Whiteaker: Assistant Professor, Academic Development Program Coordinator
- Developmental Education Specialist, Kellogg Institute, National Center for Developmental Education, Appalachian State University, 1992; Advanced Kellogg, 1995; Advanced Kellogg, 1998
- MA, English, Tennessee Technological University, 1981
- BA, German, Tennessee Technological University, 1972
- Assessment in Developmental Education
- The Writing/Reading Connection
- Intermittent Central Suppression of Binocular Vision
- Developmental Writing, Fall and Spring semesters
- DSPW0800 Syllabus
- DSPW0800 Policy Statement
- Online Resources for Writing
- Writing Videos available in ADP Writing Lab
- Learning Strategies
- English 1010, occasionally
- Whiteaker, J. F. (2005) Wolf Canyon, Bloomington, IN: AuthorHouse. ISBN: 1-4208-1437-0 [novel]
- Whiteaker, J. F. (2003) Ariana, Bloomington, IN: 1stBooks., ISBN: 1-4107-4443-4 [novel]
- Whiteaker, J. & Lewald A. (2004) Developing College Writing Skills with Stylebook and Learning Strategies 4th edition. Boston: Pearson.
- Eaves, Thomas F., Sr. (2003) A Simplified Study of the Epistle to the Hebrews. Tracts for the Nations.
- Whiteaker, J. (2003) Academic Development Program Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Whiteaker, J. (2002) Developmental Writing Instructor's Manual, 6th revised edition.
- Whiteaker, J., Zolg, C. & Pigg, J. (Spring 2002). Identifying and reversing intermittent central suppression to improve reading. Selected Conference Papers NADE 2000, vol. 6. 62-64.
- Whiteaker, J., Zolg, C., & Pigg, J. (2001). Identifying and reversing intermittent central suppression to improve reading. Research and Teaching in Developmental Education, 17(2), 93-95.
- [Previous publication on intermittent central suppression (JOVD, Fall 2000) quoted in "Binocular Visual Sensation in Reading a Unified Theory," by Eric S. Hussey, O.D., in Journal of Behavioral Optometry, 12 (5), 119-126]
- Miller, J.E., Whiteaker, J., Zolg, C., Pigg, J.., & Hazzelton, T. Identifying and reversing intermittent central suppression in students with low reading comprehension as a method of improving student performance in reading. Journal of Vision Development 31 (Fall 2000): 131-137.
- Whiteaker, J. (2001) Writer's Stylebook (4th ed.). Boston: Pearson.[3rd ed., Simon & Schuster, 1998; 2nd ed. Simon & Schuster, 1993; 1st ed. Ginn Press, 1989]
Academic Development Program
Tennessee Technological University
80 W. 8th Street, Box 5171
Cookeville, TN 38505-0001
- Office: Matthews Hall 153A
- Phone/V-Mail: 931-372-3456
- FAX: 931-372-6275