Requirements for Admission
Want to know more about the TTU MBA? Contact us for more information. Or, call (931) 372-3600.
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited school or program
State and federal laws require colleges and universities to be authorized to offer online degree programs in states other than their own. Click here for a list of states where Tennessee Technological University is authorized to offer online degrees. If you do not see your state listed, you will be unable to enroll in any online programs offered by Tennessee Tech.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.50 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Satisfactory test scores on EITHER the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT--minimum required score of 450) OR the General Record Exam (GRE--minimum required score of 146 Verbal Reasoning and 150 Quantitative Reasoning). Applicants may request to waive the standardized test requirement if they have completed an advanced terminal degree or master's degree with a substantial quantitative component. This waiver is not guaranteed and the request must be made in writing.
- Minimum Formula Score of 1,000 [(GPA x 200) + GMAT] or 1,050 for the last 60 hours of undergraduate work.
- Statement of Computer Proficiency - Students must be proficient in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software including the integration of all three of the above.
- For students with a native language other than English, a minimum score of 550 (213 computer-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- Competency Requirements - Competency Requirements are met by completing the equivalent of the undergraduate business core courses or by completing the Pre-MBA Foundation Modules, self-study CD modules, in the following areas:
To Order Pre-MBA ModulesClick here to visit our Market Place.
- Business Law
- Statistics/Quantitative Methods
Guidelines for Meeting Competency Requirements
Applicants with Undergraduate Degrees in Business from AACSB accredited schools-If students have a C or better in the core business courses then all competency requirements have been met.
Applicants with business degrees from business colleges/schools without AACSB accreditation–If students lack the Management Science core course prerequisite, but meet all other admission criteria, they may be admitted without the prerequisite if a minimum GMAT score of 600 is achieved.
Applicants with undergraduate degrees other than business–Students may be required to complete core work prior to beginning graduate work in business. The Director of MBA Studies will determine the extent of such foundation work after review of the applicant's transcript. The foundation work may consist of undergraduate courses and/or Pre-MBA Foundation Modules, self-study CD courses.
Transferring Credit Hours
As many as 9 semester hours may be transferred from other AACSB accredited schools. Credit will not be allowed for courses taken more than five years prior to application to Tennessee Tech. Each request for transfer credits will be evaluated by the MBA director on a case-by-case basis.
Preparing for the GMAT
Many students have inquired about how to prepare for the GMAT. Although there are many greats books and programs available to help you prepare, we have found that Khan Academy provides an excellent course available for free. To begin navigate to http://www.khanacademy.com/gmat.