The Accelerated BSN Track is an alternative entry option for students with a prior bachelor's degree who wish to purse completion of a BSN. This entry option will be piloted beginning Summer 2014. While the program of study will be the same as our traditional 4-year program, the course format and delivery will be more intense, with continuous semester studies from entry until graduation. Sutdents will complete this intense curriculum in five semesters with an anticipated graduation date of December 2015.
General Admissions Requirements:
- Students must be admitted to Tennessee Technological University and this may be completed via the on-line application process at www.tntech.edu/admissions
Students must complete all general education courses prior to entry into upper division
Students with prior bachelor’s degrees are exempt from taking General Education Requirements (by virtue of prior degree) but must complete the four required math/science courses which include:BIOL 2010 Anatomy & Physiology 4 credits
- BIOL 2020 Anatomy & Physiology II 4 credits
- BIOL 3230 Microbiology 4 credits
- MATH 1130 College Algebra or higher level math 3 credits
- CHEM 1210 or Gen Chem credit 4 credits
All the above courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or higher and all Biology courses must be taken within the last 10 years.
Transfer students are responsible for making sure courses taken at other institutions are equivalent to TTU General Education courses.
3. A minimum cumulative college-level GPA of 2.5 excluding developmental coursework is required for application to upper division
4. Applications are due February 1 on the even year. For example, 2014, 2016, 2018, etc.
5. All students being considered by the Admissions and Credits Committee will be interviewed prior to final admission decision. Out of state students may attend the interview via SKYPE or another suitable distance method.
6. All students must earn a “C” or higher in every upper division nursing course. If a student fails to earn a “C” in every UD course they become ineligible for the accelerated program. Students may reapply to the traditional program, but are not guaranteed readmission.
7. The following will be considered in the admission process
- Overall GPA from all academic credit
- Grades in science courses
- Healthcare experience
8. This is an intense and rigorous curriculum and students are strongly encouraged to NOT work.
9. Admission is competitive and dependent on applicant qualifications and faculty and clinical availability.
10. Pre admission testing information will be posted at a later date.
Approved Faculty Organization: May 9, 2013