About the Program
The purpose of the TTU PBSI (Positive Behavior Support Initiative), formerly known as the Make a Difference Project, at Tennessee Tech University is to provide consultation and collaboration with school-based personnel regarding the delivery of positive behavioral interventions and supports. If we can be of assistance to you regarding the following matters please feel free to contact us:
- Assistance on Functional Behavior Assessment
- Development of Behavior Support Plans
- Development of Individualized, Classroom-wide or School-wide Behavior Supports
- Comprehensive Intergrated 3 Tiered Model (CI3T) training
- Responsiveness to Intervention (RTI)
- Effective individualized instructional programs for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Staff Training and Professional Development on issues such as:
Autism Spectrum Disorders, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Functional Communication, Positive Behavior Supports, Functional Behavior Assessment, Antecedent Management Strategies, School-Wide Implementation of Positive Behavior Supports, Instructional Modifications, Collaboration and Consultation just to name a few...
- Outreach and Technical Assistance to 21-counties
- Family/School Partnerships
The TTU PBSI Project is funded through a grant from the Tennessee Department of Education.
Comprehensive Integrated 3-Tiered Model (CI3T)
PBS&I is offering a new, free training series that focuses on merging all support services for students to help them succeed academically, behaviorally, and socially. The Comprehensive Integrated 3-Tiered Model (CI3T) is a model of prevention with academic, behavioral, and social components. The model focuses on accurate measurement procedures to ensure the fidelity and outcomes of the program. Also accurate data will be obtained to identify which students should qualify for Tier 2 and Tier 3 services. This model helps to effectively combine such programs as School Wide Positive Behavior Supports, Response to Intervention, and school wide social curriculums. PBSI staff will train your school team on this model which will be a year of planning followed by the first year of implementation. Please click on the video link below to learn more about this model and contact a coordinator if you would like more information.