- BS., 1985, Winona State University
- Ph.D., 1989, University of North Dakota
- Research Assistant, 1989, Purdue University
- Research Associate, 1990, Ben May Institute, University of Chicago
- Dreyfus Fellowship, 1992, Southern Methodist University.
Areas of Specialty:
Fluorine Chemistry. Synthesis of modified nucleosides, nucleotides and their analogs for use as anti-tumor and antiviral agents. Synthesis of DNA, RNA and PNA oligomer/reporter group adducts for use as therapeutic agents and diagnostic probes. Synthesis of polyaromatic hydrocarbon/nucleoside and DNA adducts for use in the study of site-specific mutagenesis.